TAO (Therapy Assisted Online)
What is TAO Self-Help?
TAO Self-Help is a platform of tools and educational modules to help you learn about and change how you think and feel. TAO provides therapy to fit your schedule and lifestyle. TAO’s educational modules can be completed anytime and anywhere you have Internet access.
With TAO Self-Help, we offer you effective, results-based content that meets your needs. By using TAO Self-Help, you will learn how to improve your:
- PERSONAL SKILLS
- For developing personal agency and managing oneself
- COGNITIVE SKILLS
- For analyzing and using information
- INTER-PERSONAL SKILLS
- For communicating and interacting effectively with others
How to sign up for TAO Self-Help?
TAO is now available!
Here are the steps to get you started in TAO Self-Help:
- In your browser window, access TAO Self-Help Webpage and click on the ‘Sign Up’ button.
- Enter your name and email address on the enrolment form, use your university email address.
- Enter a password (once more to confirm it).
- Fill out the demographics and Informed Consent form, and click ‘Sign Me Up!’
- Check your email. You will be sent a confirmation link which you must click on before signing in.
- Choose the pathway(s) that are right for you, then get started. Work through the educational module and exercises. The course will prompt you when a practice tool or log should be completed.
You can work with these either in the web interface or you can download the Android or iOS mobile apps.
NOTE: The apps only includes the logs and mindfulness library; most of the courses and resources must be accessed through the web interface.
To know more about TAO Self-help, check out this self-help explainer video!
Why should you choose TAO Self-Help?
Whether you are struggling with relationship challenges, sadness, or other stressors, TAO Self-Help empowers you to take charge of your treatment and your life.
You can work on your goals whenever and wherever you’d like, whether you’ve got 10 minutes or an hour.
What can TAO Self-Help offer you?
EDUCATIONAL MODULES: Entertaining and interactive learning modules, using evidence-based theories.
ASSESSMENTS: Provide progress and outcome measures, along with screening for behavioural health problems, if desired.
PRACTICE TOOLS & LOGS: Tools to reinforce skills learned in the educational modules, including daily logs and journals.
MINDFULNESS LIBRARY: Valuable resource to learn and practice mindfulness and meditation.