Mentoring 101: How can a mentor help you?
“Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen, and a push in the right direction.”
—John C. Crosby
Mentors are upper–year students who are trained to help other students develop helpful and effective ways of approaching their studies. They offer one-on-one meetings, study groups, and workshops. Mentors support students by helping them to:
- Develop effective learning strategies and study techniques;
- Strengthen their personal motivation;
- Maintain their academic achievement;
- Set their academic goals;
- Use their time and manage their stress effectively.
Check out the different mentoring centres!