Mentoring 101: How can a mentor help you?
“Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen, and a push in the right direction.”
—John C. Crosby
Mentors are upper-year students who are trained to help other students develop helpful and effective ways of approaching their studies. They offer one-on-one meetings, study groups, and workshops. Mentors support students by helping them to:
- Develop effective learning strategies and study techniques;
- Strengthen their personal motivation;
- Maintain their academic achievement;
- Set their academic goals;
- Use their time and manage their stress effectively.
Check out the different mentoring centres!