In response to public health authorities’ recommendation on physical distancing to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 cases, the uOttawa’s Counselling Services will be offering teletherapy appointments by audio or videoconference to promote the safety of our uOttawa community.
Our services will not be offered in person until further notice, but same-day remote sessions are still available.
Stepped Care Model
The Counselling office offers a range of accessible resources and services based on the Stepped Care model.
Our student-centered approach aims to support and empower students so that they can thrive and find their own path to academic success and wellness.
TAO (Therapy Assistance Online) is a platform of tools and educational modules to help you learn about and change how you think and feel. TAO provides therapy to fit your schedule and lifestyle. TAO’s educational modules can be completed anytime and anywhere you have Internet access.
Hours of operation
We offer modified services (telephone and online instead of in-person) until further notice.
May 16 to August 31
|Monday||8:45 am - 5 pm|
|Tuesday||8:45 am - 5 pm|
|Wednesday||8:45 am - 5 pm|
|Thursday||8:45 am - 5 pm|
|Friday||8:45 am - 5 pm|
Last appointment at 4 p.m.
- Mental Health and Wellness
- International office
- Health Services
- Office of the Ombudsperson
- Human Rights Office
- Graduate Students Association of the University of Ottawa
- Academic Accommodation
- Academic Writing Help Centre
- Mentoring Centres
- Career Development Centre
- University of Ottawa Multi-Faith Chaplaincy Services
- eMental Health
- Walk-In Counselling Clinic
- Community Health and Resource Centres of Ottawa
- Counselling and Family Service Ottawa
- Family Services Ottawa
- The Counselling Group
- Ottawa Rape Crisis Centre (ORCC)
- Ottawa Mindfulness Clinic
- Counselling and Psychotherapy Centre St Paul University
- Ottawa Addictions Access and Referral Services
- Bereaved Families of Ontario
- Ottawa Trauma and Anxiety Clinic
Other helpful links
- Accessible Campus:
- Online life skills for everyone
- Holistic approach to managing the feeling of anxiety
- Manage the physiology of anxiety, stress and depression
- Understand how you like to receive love
- My compass (Clinical Resources for Mental Health)