Please note that the Counselling Services will be closed exceptionally on the following days:
Wednesday, December 4 from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Tuesday, December 10 from 8:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and from 4:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The walk-in clinic will be closed from 6pm to 8pm from December 10-12, and from December 17-19, inclusively.
To meet with a counsellor, you may schedule an appointment online or access our walk-in during regular hours of operation.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Stepped Care Model
The Counselling office offers a range of accessible resources and services based on the Stepped Care model.
Our student-centered approach aims to support and empower students so that they can thrive and find their own path to academic success and wellness.
TAO (Therapy Assistance Online) is a platform of tools and educational modules to help you learn about and change how you think and feel. TAO provides therapy to fit your schedule and lifestyle. TAO’s educational modules can be completed anytime and anywhere you have Internet access.
Hours of operation
August 15 to May 15
|Monday||8:45 am - 4:30 pm*|
|Tuesday||8:45 am - 8:00 pm*|
|Wednesday||8:45 am - 8:00 pm*|
|Thursday||8:45 am - 8:00 pm*|
|Friday||8:45 am - 4:30 pm*|
*Closed from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm.
Closed December 4 from 12 pm to 8 pm.
Closed December 10 from 8:45 am to 1:30 pm, and from 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm.
We will be closed as of 4:30 p.m. on December 20 and will reopen at 8:45 a.m. on January 3, 2020.
- Mental Health and Wellness
- International office
- Health Services
- Office of the Ombudsperson
- Human Rights Office
- Graduate Students Association of the University of Ottawa
- Academic Accommodation
- Academic Writing Help Centre
- Mentoring Centres
- Career Development Centre
- University of Ottawa Multi-Faith Chaplaincy Services
- eMental Health
- Walk-In Counselling Clinic
- Community Health and Resource Centres of Ottawa
- Counselling and Family Service Ottawa
- Family Services Ottawa
- The Counselling Group
- Ottawa Rape Crisis Centre (ORCC)
- Ottawa Mindfulness Clinic
- Counselling and Psychotherapy Centre St Paul University
- Ottawa Addictions Access and Referral Services
- Bereaved Families of Ontario
- Ottawa Trauma and Anxiety Clinic
Other helpful links
- Accessible Campus:
- Online life skills for everyone
- Holistic approach to managing the feeling of anxiety
- Manage the physiology of anxiety, stress and depression
- Understand how you like to receive love
- My compass (Clinical Resources for Mental Health)